Monday, November 13, 2006

And so it begins...

For the past 3 years, I have been telling myself that I WILL run the marathon this year. Although each of those years something came up where I just could NOT run. Whether it was too much partying with my friends, school work. lack of motivation, etc..this is it. No more excuses!

I have always been athletic. I grew up playing every sport under the sun and now that organized sports are over, the gym has become my constant companion. I love to be in shape and thrive on achieving unthinkable feats.

I am a 23 year old female in her first year out of college and working in book publishing. Help me to run this race. Tell me your stories, workouts, and any inspirational moments you have had. I will need it!

4 comments:

Runner Susan said...

Welcome to Complete Running. I spent many, many years in publishing as well.

Good luck with your training.

Faithful Soles said...

You said you wanted inspiration, so I think I may have some for you. If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. If you want to read a really great inspirational story about an event I witnessed at the 2000 Boston Marathon, please read The Greatest Marathoner. I also have my own blog, but most of my information is on the main web site. Thanks and continued good luck in your training.

Ian said...

So... that post was last year. Did you make it? Did you run the marathon or are you going to do it this year?

MorseyRuns said...

Let us know how did you go?? Did you finish? Did you start?